Forestium by Christopher Morgan


Good Monday everyone. I hope you all have a great weekend. I have so many books on the go that it is hard to keep up with them all and my school work. But still I push on.
A couple weeks ago I was fortunate enough to be sent an advanced copy of this book to read. Just the other day the book was officially published so my review will give you all a chance to get the book. I will provide the links to the sites at the bottom of the post.
The book itself is a little different than what I normally do. But I love experimenting and reading books that suit all different audiences.
This book is a Fantasy book, set in a magical world. Let me tell you a bit more about it.

Joshua has lived his life in his village with his mother after his father died many years ago. For years he has had dreams of his father suffering leading him to believe that he is still alive.
Now he thinks it is his time to go looking for him. The timing couldn't be better as he and his friend Andrew come across a lost Imp in search for another of his kind.
Together the three set out into the world of Forestium in search of the three orbs that will bring peace to the land by opening the Portallas.
But they are not the only ones looking for the orbs. The great villain The Goat, a creature so horrific that in just days he whipped out an entire species, has sent spies to kill the group before they find the final orb.
The race is on for Joshua and his friends, old and new, to get to the orb before the Goat gets the chance to throw the world into chaos. 

Honestly I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. Normally Fantasy books don't interest me in the slightest but this one really drew my attention in an held it. The variety of characters and the
illustrations starting each chapter made it easier to navigate through the story. The author has a strong voice throughout the story making it easy to forget you are reading a story. He knows the world he created well.

Story: B-
Characters: A-
Pace: A
Ending: B+
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

Have a great day everyone and Happy Reading! Be sure to check out the links below to see more on the book.
- K
Amazon link:
http://amzn.com/B01CH8BGY6
Book series web-site:
http://portallas.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings or Pawns By J. J. Sherwood

By the Hands of Men: The Old World by Roy M. Griffs

The World Below by Mike Phillips